Indonesia’s Disaster Mitigation Agency has finally broken its silence. It has ordered all the 100,000 villagers to evacuate the expanded danger zone around the Mount Agung volcano on Bali. It has been reported that to this point almost half the number has already   left the zone.

Spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho while speaking in a news conference in Jakarta was quick to state that the extension of the danger zone to 10 kilometers would end up affecting about 22 villages and between 90,000 to 100,000 people.

In was on Monday that the volcano’s alert was raised and ash clouds have led to the close down of Bali’s international airport. Nugroho has disclosed that 40,000 people have already left though others remain adamant with claims that they are either safe or do not want to leave behind their livestock. He outlined that the authorities were planning to move in to try and persuade remaining persons .If the situation calls for them to push the people out forcefully, then they will be left with no other choice.

Indonesia’s Directorate General of Land Transportation in a recent statement said that they were considering the idea of deploying about 100 buses in Bali international airport. These would help ferry terminals in a bid to help out all those travelers stranded by the eruption of Mount Agung.

It was last Monday that the management proceeded to close down Bali’s international airport and that was after ash from the volcano hit its airspace. This culminated into the cancellation of quite a significant number of flights whereas tens of thousands of travelers were affected by the unfortunate occurrence.

Budi, who happens to be the agency’s chief, disclosed that the major ferry crossing points had been talked into making preparations for a surge in vehicles and passengers as well. The stranded tourists had the option of evacuating Bali and moving to a ferry neighboring Java.

Spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho opined, “Mount Agung has been hurling ash thousands of meters into the atmosphere since the weekend, forcing the closure of Bali’s airport and stranding tens of thousands of travelers.”